Media requests: Carolle de Ste-Croix 1-506-871-2115
Please see PSA and invitation to the community below — Tantramar COVID-19 Task Force Virtual Town Hall, August 31, 7 p.m.
Residents and students of the Tantramar region are invited to attend a virtual Town Hall hosted by the Tantramar COVID-19 Task Force on Monday, Aug. 31 at 7 pm to address questions and concerns regarding the Sackville Mount Allison bubble and the processes and planning around the return of students to the local area for the academic year.
To register and to submit questions please email email@example.com or find the Task Force on Facebook: @TantramarCovid19. Names of individuals submitting questions will not be announced during the event.
Residents and students of the Tantramar region are invited to register through Zoom or listen in on CHMA (106.9 FM) or CFTA (107.9 FM) to a Town Hall webinar hosted by the Tantramar COVID Task Force. The TCTF has heard concerns about the return of Mount Allison students during the pandemic and wanted to gather the community together to have panelists communicate plans and address concerns from residents and students.
The virtual Town Hall will be held Monday, August 31 at 7 p.m.
The panelists will include representatives from: Mount Allison University, Mount Allison Students Union, local business community, Task Force volunteers and the Town of Sackville.
- Jean-Paul Boudreau, President and Vice-Chancellor of Mount Allison University
- Gloria Jollymore, Vice-President, University Advancement, Mount Allison University
- Jon Ferguson, President, Mount Allison Students Union
- Sydney Thorburn, Vice-President, External Affairs, Mount Allison Students Union
- John Higham, Mayor of Sackville
- Jamie Burke, CAO, Town of Sackville
- John Lafford, Sackville business owner
- Pat Estabrooks, Community volunteer with the Tantramar COVID-19 Task Force
There are three ways to submit your questions and concerns:
- By submitting a question when you register for the webinar (registration is required to attend webinar)
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By leaving a message at 1 (506) 939-4186
In order to protect confidentiality, please note that we will NOT be revealing the names of who submitted questions during the Town Hall.
To register (required to participate):
To listen in:
CFTA radio (107.9)
CHMA radio (106.9)