We’re thrilled to provide our community with a comprehensive update on the strides made in Phase III of the Lorne Street Storm Water Mitigation Project:
- Access Roads Completion: Our team has been hard at work constructing access roads around the future pond site. Roads were completed on Tuesday, September 19th, 2023. This ensures smooth operations and accessibility as we delve deeper into the project.
- Safety is Paramount: We prioritize the safety of our contractors and the community. It’s a testament to our team’s dedication and professionalism that we’ve had no safety incidents since the project’s inception.
- Ahead of the Game: Not only are we sticking to our timeline, but we’re also ahead of schedule. This efficiency means less disruption and quicker results for our community.
- Pond Construction Begins: A significant milestone is on the horizon! Beale & Inch are getting ready to start digging the second retention pond. This crucial phase is expected to span the next two months.
- Charles Street Update: For the foreseeable future, Charles Street will remain closed to public traffic as heavy equipment continues to operate at that location. We understand this might cause some inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience as we work towards enhancing our town’s infrastructure.
- Hurricane Lee: Beale & Inch moved their equipment to higher ground ahead of the weekend and the forecasted tropical storm. Thankfully, there were no issues despite the wind and rain warnings.
For the safety of everyone, we urge residents and visitors to steer clear of construction sites as work is underway. Your understanding and cooperation play a significant role in ensuring the project’s success. We’re excited about the progress and are committed to keeping you informed every step of the way.