- This event has passed.
Building a Vision for EducationOctober 29
Interested in Education in Sackville? Come engage with leading architects and community development experts who will look at the future of education and the potential for sustainable, community-connected learning, recreation and economic well-being in Sackville.
– Chris Treadwell: Assistant Deputy Minister, NB Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
– Mayor John Higham: The Town of Sackville has identified education and community development in its five-year strategic plan. Mayor Higham will discuss this strategy and will act as moderator of the session.
– Greg Hasiuk: Greg is a partner at Number TEN Architectural Group in Winnipeg and is also the firm’s Practice Leader. With over 25 years of experience, he has played a leading role on a variety of major projects ranging from recreational centres to 21st Century educational facilities and campuses. In addition to innovative design work, Greg has considerable expertise in the Integrated Design Process (IDP), user group and stakeholder consultations and workshops. In particular, Greg has worked with Fielding Nair International Education Design and has developed numerous award-winning community-based schools in Canada.
– Boyd Algee: Boyd is a Moncton-based architect and educational design consultant who has developed a number of school assessments for the District Education Council. He was closely involved in the consultation and evaluation process of the former Moncton High School Building and he has been an advisor on our community consultation process. Boyd is a graduate of MTA and he has a deep commitment to educational design.
– Alex Clermont: Alex and his family live in Sackville and he has been a member of a number of town committees, such as the Downtown Revitalization Committee and the Heritage Board. Alex is a professional architect who has a deep understanding of community-based planning and design.
Students, teachers, parents and anyone interested in the future of education in Sackville is welcome to attend this workshop-style event. Share your ideas and discuss possibilities so that your voice is included in the vision for education in this town.