- This event has passed.
Operation H.A.L.O.: Winter Survival for WomenMarch 18, 2017
After a hugely successful day at Beech Hill in the fall, Operation H.A.L.O. is back to help battle the winter cold!
Ocean Trails Source for Adventure’s team of experts will take the ladies through several different topic areas, including:
- Building snow shelters
- Selecting ultra-light winter gear and sleds
- Preparing a camp fire in the damp and cold
- Winter tent and campsite safety
- Choosing proper clothing for the elements
- Snowshoeing and back country ski tips
- 3 points of contact
- Using trekking poles in the snow
- Preventing dehydration and hypothermia
This is a free program and limited equipment will be provided.
To register before March 13, 2017, click here.