- This event has passed.
Roundtable: Youth Engagement on the Sustainable Development GoalsApril 3
*This event is for professionals in youth-supporting roles*
The Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) is excited to partner with the Government of Canada Sustainable Development Program (Employment and Social Development Canada) in an exciting national initiative, which seeks to gather information and feedback from Canadians to inform the national strategy on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Canada.
We are inviting individuals and organizations who are actively involved in youth engagement to provide input into the important discussions which will contribute to the national strategy on the SDGs.
Participants will help ACIC in answering the questions:
– Why are the SDG’s important to Atlantic Canadians, especially Atlantic Canadian youth?
– What are opportunities and barrier when engaging youth in programming related to the Sustainable Development Goals?
– Who in the Atlantic is doing work on the SDGs and where are there opportunities for partnership?
Why the SDGs:
The SDGs and The 2030 Agenda is a global framework of action for people, planet, prosperity, peace, and partnership. It integrates social, economic, and environmental dimensions of sustainable development, as well as peace, governance and justice elements. It is universal in nature, meaning that developing and developed countries alike will implement the Agenda. Furthermore, the Agenda includes an overarching principle of ensuring that no one is left behind in the achievement of the SDGs.
The SDGs provide a unique opportunity for individuals and organizations from various fields to come together and work towards common goals, while still honouring their unique missions and visions.
Benefits of attending a roundtable:
– Have your voice, experience and expertise on youth engagement shape the development of a national strategy on SDG implementation
– Learn more about the SDGs and specifically how they relate to effective youth engagement
– Network with others in various fields who share the goal of creating positive opportunities for youth engagement
– Contribute to a regional guide on good practices in youth engagement and be the first to access the final report
If you have any questions please contact Jackie at email@example.com and/or 902.431.2311.