- This event has passed.
Town of Sackville WinterFestFebruary 20, 2016
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm – Snowshoe Basics: Presented by Mark Hazen, Technical Advisor with Ocean Trails Source for Adventure, this session is available for the entire family and will involve both class room time and time outside. Dress appropriately for the weather and learn about proper stance and body technique, moving downhill, starting a fire, moving over ice, how to get B-A-C-K-H-O-M-E and more! Pre-registration is required. Call 364-4946 or send participant names, ages and phone numbers to email@example.com. Salem Elementary School, 70 Queen’s Road.
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm – Family Day at Beech Hill Park: Horse and wagon rides, sledding, skiing and snowshoeing (some youth and adult equipment available), family maple taffy, hot dogs and hot chocolate, Music, family competitions, scavenger hunt, disc golf and more! The Marshview Grade 8’s will be helping out with all of the activities. Donations to support their Quebec Trip are welcome. Beech Hill Park, Hwy 2, Exit 500.
- 2:00 pm – Ladies Skillet Toss: How far can you toss a cast iron skillet? Women ages 18 and over. Rules and registration on site. Fun prizes to be won! Beech Hill Park, Hwy 2, Exit 500
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Chilly Waters Family Swim: Join us for a family swim. Only $2.00 per person! Mount Allison Pool, 50 York Street.
- 6:30 pm – Winterfest Women’s Night Magical Cruise: Come aboard Silver Lake Cruise Line for a “Magical Cruise”. Make winter disappear with a fun evening including entertainment and a three-course meal served by the Captain and crew. Cost $10/person, Reservations required: phone: 536-2615, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook. Hosted by the Middle Sackville Baptist Church at 14 Church Street
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Nava Yoga Open House: Please join Nava Yoga for a night of meditation, music, and conversation. Tea will be available. Admission: Free.” Nava Yoga, 131 Main Street.