- This event has passed.
Town of Sackville WinterFestFebruary 21, 2016
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm – Great White North Winter Survival Workshop: Presented by Mark Hazen, Technical Advisor with Ocean Trails Source for Adventure, this session will teach you and your family how to survive the outdoors in the wintertime. Learn about hypothermia, fire building, proper clothing, snow shelters and more! Pre-registration is required. Call 364-4946 or send participant names, ages and phone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salem Elementary School, 70 Queen’s Road.
- 1:15 – 2:15 pm – Figure Skating Production: Magic on Ice: Brought to you by the Sackville Skating Club! Tickets are $3 each, $6 for a family of 4, kids under 4 free. Cheer on our local skaters and guest skater, Emma Blanchet of the Moncton Mariposa Club, as they put on a show for the ages! Tantramar Veterans Memorial Civic Centre, 182 Main Street.
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm – Fun Science for Kids: The Mount Allison Let’s Talk Science site will be doing hands on science activities for children of all ages! Come check out our booth for liquid nitrogen fun, cloud in a bottle demos, and more! Tantramar Veterans Memorial Civic Centre, 182 Main Street.
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Chilly Waters Family Swim: Join us for a family swim. Only $2.00 per person! Mount Allison Pool, 50 York Street.
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Make Something Sunday: Pasta Maker Printmaking Discover how a hand-cranked pasta maker can become a printing press. Make your own printing plate, ink it up and run it through the pasta maker press to make an edition of small prints. Kids 12 and under and their adults can drop-in for free! Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Sackville. Owen’s Art Gallery, 61 York Street.
- 3:00– 4:00 pm Free Winterfest Family Skate: Bring your family and enjoy a skate on us! Tantramar Veterans Memorial Civic Centre, 182 Main Street.
For more info on any of these activities, call 364-4930, www.sackville.com, www.facebook.com/sackvillenb