The Town of Sackville is proud to once again offer the Trailblazers program, providing children in grades K-7 an unforgettable outdoor experience. Trailblazers uses Outdoor Education and Recreation to develop leadership skills and an environmental awareness in our young people. We use a variety of activities, like shelter building, fire starting, animal tracking and more, to keep youth engaged with the outdoors while being physically active and developing important skills.
Trailblazers begins immediately after school at Salem Elementary School. Students must be picked up behind Salem Elementary promptly at 4:30pm.
The program will be run outside, regardless of the weather (with extreme exceptions), so we are asking all children to dress for the weather outside. Don’t forget your hats and mittens. Cold hands and heads are an ongoing issue. The kids will get dirty.
There are maximum numbers of children that we can accept, so register early to avoid disappointment. Registration will be open between September 8 and October 1, 2017. There is No Cost for this program and healthy snacks will be provided.
Special Note to Parents and Caregivers
- The program operates from October 10, 2017 to November 29, 2017.
- There will be no program November 6-10, 2017.
- The Marshview program will be Mondays and Wednesdays with a focus on skill development on Mondays and mentoring the younger children on Wednesdays.
- K-2 is Mondays and Wednesdays. If high demand, as is often the case, they will be divided into two groups (one on Mondays and one on Wednesdays)
- Grades 3 and 4 are Tuesdays and Thursdays. If high demand, as is often the case, they will be divided into two groups (one on Tuesdays and one on Thursdays)
- PARENTS WILL BE CONTACTED ON OCTOBER 3rd
If school is cancelled so is Trailblazers. Safety of the children is our highest priority.
If you have questions about Trailblazers, please contact the Town’s Manager of Recreation Programs and Events, Matt Pryde, at 364-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org.