Sackville’s 21st Annual Fall Fair – “Fall in Love” Highlights
Full Schedule Located HERE
Wednesday, September 20:
- James Mullinger at Marjorie Young Bell Convocation Hall: The hilarious English comedian celebrates his “10 Years in Canada” at the Convocation Hall, 7 pm. Advance tickets available.
Click here for James Mullinger ticket information.
Thursday, September 21
- CRAFTERNOON: A craft program for adults. Registration is required at the library or by calling (506) 364-4915
- Sackville Fire & Rescue Open House: The whole family is invited to come to the Fire Hall to see the equipment & learn about fire prevention. Who knows, maybe you can even turn on
a fire siren!
- SACKVILLE CITIZENS BAND: Enjoy a concert in the park brought to you by the Sackville Citizens Band. Bill Johnstone Memorial Park, 64 Main St. 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
- VENTRILOQUIST SHOW – Join Norman McKnight for a family friendly Ventriloquist Show at 6pm on Thursday, September 21st in the Tantramar Veteran’s Memorial Civic Centre. The show is free!
Friday, September 22:
- OPENING CEREMONIES: Presentation of Citizen of the Year, Youth Citizen of the Year, and MTA
Student Citizen of the Year. Download your 2023 Citizen of the Year Award Nomination Form before September 14, 2023.
- LEGION LUNCHEON: Roast beef, potatoes, veggies, coleslaw, rolls, blueberry dessert, tea, and coffee. $20 per person!
- 14th ANNUAL GOLF CLASSIC: Shotgun start at 12:30pm. Support MtA Athletics and register online at mta.ca/homecoming. Amherst Golf Club, 416 John Black Rd., Amherst, NS 12:30 pm.
- CHILDREN’S PARADE: Hosted by the Mount Allison Students’ Union. Have your kids dress up in
their best costumes and meet at the big tent to enter this year’s parade! Every participant will receive a gift! , Main Tent, 96 Main St. 6:45 pm
- CHILDREN & YOUTH DANCE
Show off your best dance moves to some classics and today’s greatest hits! Mr. Kaboom the Balloon Man will be on site to treat your kids to a balloon animal! Main Tent, 96 Main St. 6:45 – 8:00 pm
- FIREWORKS: Bring a blanket or a chair and find a spot near Marshview Middle School, 19 Queen’s Road to watch the biggest fireworks show in the region! Starts at 9:00pm
- LIVE MUSIC WITH TRUDY LYNN: With a voice that easily transitions from bar room growl to uptown sass and sophisticated soul, her special blend of blues, R&B and soul has won over crowds from sweaty Houston juke joints to massive European festivals. The show is free and 19+. Main Tent, 96 Main St. 10:15 pm – 12:45 am
Saturday, September 23:
- SACKVILLE ROD & GUN CLUB CLAY BIRD SHOTGUN SHOOT: Trained instructors will help people new to clay shooting. Club members pay $5 and supply their own ammunition. Non- members pay $5 with own ammo or $20 without. Cash prizes. Eye & hearing protection mandatory. Walker Road Range, 485 Walker Road 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- MAIN STREET MILE: An annual tradition for runners of all abilities! Register online here and for more information, check out Facebook @MainStreetMileSackville. Sign in opens at 10am at the MTA King Street Parking Lot. Free Entry. Starts at the corner of Main and Salem St. 1:00 pm
- FALL FAIR PARADE: The Parade will start at the Drew Nursing Home, follow Main Street before turning left down Bridge Street. It will then turn right onto Lorne Street before ending at the Via Rail Station. Enter the parade to qualify for some great prizes by contacting 1-506-364-4951 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Download your parade entry form here.
- THE GREAT DOMINO TOPPLE – The Dominos Display Will be toppled at 2:00pm at the Sackville Curling Rink, 22 Lansdowne Street. Spectators can also watch him work or create their own domino topple.
- 14TH ANNUAL FALL FAIR SHOW N’ SHINE: Check out dozens of classic antique cars. To enter a car, contact Rclong84@bellaliant.net or 1-506-540-0971, Tantramar Veterans Memorial Civic Centre, 182 Main St. 1 – 4 pm
- LIVE LATIN MUSIC WITH LATINACION BAND: Get ready to shake those hips to all of your Latin favourites— cumbia, salsa, merengue and bachata! All of the band members are from Colombia and came together in Moncton over their passion for playing Latin music. Main Tent, 96 Main St. 8:00 – 9:30 pm.
- RAY OLIVER BAND: Founded in the summer of 1985 in Sackville, N.B., the Ray Oliver Band has
been thrilling maritime audiences for over three decades. Their honest rock sound has featured covers from Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ top in the early years on to Tragically Hip and Foo Fighters more recently. 19+ Main Tent, 96 Main St. 9:45 pm – 12:45 am.
Sunday, September 24:
- Faith & Fun: Attend the Fall Fair Church Service at 10:30 am and engage in a sandcastle-making contest at Lillas Fawcett Park at 1 pm.
- 8TH ANNUAL SANDCASTLE MAKING CONTEST: Hosted by The Church by the Lake. Great prizes to be won! Registration forms are available at Town Hall, The Church by the Lake or www.sackville.com/fallfair. Mr. Kaboom the Balloon Man will be on site to treat your kids
to a balloon animal! Lillas Fawcett Park, 2 Morice Dr. 1:00 – 3:30 pm. RULES AND REGULATIONS HERE
- 10TH ANNUAL “ANYTHING THAT FLOATS RACE”: Hosted by The Church by the Lake. Grab your oars and anything around the house that’ll float. Build a homemade vessel from odds and ends and put it to the test. Plenty of great prizes to be won! Registration forms are available at
Town Hall, The Church by the Lake or www.sackville.com/fallfair. Lillas Fawcett Park, 2 Morice Dr. 2:00 – 3:00 pm. RULES AND INFORMATION FOUND HERE
- UAHONEYCO. PET SHOW: Bring your furry friends and show them off for some amazing prizes from UAHoneyCo! All ages are welcome. To register your pet, call 506-364-4951 or click here. UAHoneyCo. 5 Stephen’s Dr. 3:30 – 4:30 pm.
- SACKVILLE FARMERS’ MARKET HARVEST SUPPER: The second edition of the Sackville Farmers’ Market’s long table community supper. Will feature catering by Ketchup with that Kitchen using ingredients sourced from Tantramar-area farms, and dessert from Knuckles Truffles. Tickets are $65. Simply visit sackvillefarmersmarket.ca. Main Tent, 96 Main St. 5:00 – 8:00 pm