Frequently Asked Questions

We've got answers

We are here to help you with any questions about the Town of Sackville.

If you can’t find the answer you are looking for, fill out our online contact form and someone will respond to you shortly.

Does Tantramar have a Social Media Terms of Use?

Yes we do. Tantramar is dedicated to providing an inclusive and respectful online community for our social media channels. Find our Social Media Terms of Use here.

Where can I find local RCMP data?

You can find a local occurrence map for the Sackville RCMP here.

If you are interested, you can also find the Provincial Daily Occurrence Reports here.

What continuing education opportunities exist for Seniors?

Visit the Tantramar Seniors’ College webpage here.

Where can I find an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) in Sackville?

For a map of locations click here.

How do I find out about volunteer opportunities in Sackville?

Volunteer Tantramar is a fantastic resource.  Organizations list volunteer opportunities and individuals can submit their interests.

How do I book Town sport fields and facilities, and District schools and field requests?

To book Town owned sports fields and facilities,  and District schools and field requests please call (506) 364-4955 or email:

How do I book the Bill Johnstone Memorial Park Activity Centre?

To book our Bill Johnstone Memorial Park Activity Centre:

Call: (506) 364-4955


Where do I find information on Eco 360’s 3-stream sorting requirements?

Eco 360, formally the Southeast Regional Service Commission Solid Waste division, is responsible for the blue, green and clear bag sorting requirements. All information you need, including sorting guides, pick-up information and contact information, etc. is available on the Eco 360 website or by calling (506) 877-1040.

How do I reach a By-law Enforcement Officer outside of regular business hours?

If the matter is an emergency, please call 911.

During the summer months only (between June and mid-September) you can reach a Town of Sackville By-law Enforcement Officer at 540-1722, outside of our regular business hours (evenings, weekends and holidays). For all other non-emergencies regarding By-law infractions and complaints during evenings, weekends and statutory holidays, throughout calendar year, please contact the RCMP at 1‚Äď800‚Äď665‚Äď6663.

Town of Sackville sponsored events and tourism information will take priority in the kiosks, but we welcome Sackville community advertising material related to theatre, music, festivals, public lectures, exhibitions and other cultural events as space permits, provided the event is not affiliated with a political party or politically motivated. The kiosks are updated every Tuesday, wherever possible, and therefore material must be dropped off at Town Hall on Monday by noon. Please keep in mind that there is limited space in the kiosks and as a result, it may not be possible to post all submitted material.

Please note that these kiosks are removed during the winter to make snow removal a little easier.

Can I have an open fire or fireworks in the Town?

Sorry, but for safety reasons, open fires or fireworks are not permitted in the Town of Sackville. However, small fires in a fully enclosed, outdoor wood burning appliance, approved by the Canadian Standards Association, are permitted. Please contact the Fire Chief is you‚Äôre not sure, or have questions regarding your enclosure. Residents can check the Province’s Forest Fire Watch page to check if outdoor fires are permitted here.

The Town hosts a significant fireworks display at our annual Fall Fair celebrations in September, and a much smaller show during Winterfest in February, so please leave the fireworks to us.

When is garbage day?

It is Tuesday through Friday, depending on where you live. Download the map here.

In addition to weekly pick-ups, the town has three special pick-ups throughout the year, as well as two Household Hazardous Waste drop-off dates and Christmas tree pick-up after the holiday season. Special pick-ups are posted on our calendar, on Twitter and on Facebook.

How do I pay my tax bill?

Property tax bills can be paid at Service New Brunswick, or through your personal commercial bank

I received a parking ticket, so what should I do?

Parking tickets can be paid online or in person at town hall by cash, cheque or interac.  You can also mail your cheque to us.

If you believe that your ticket was issued in error, a written request must be made to the By-law Enforcement Department by email at or by mail at:

By-law Enforcement Department
Town of Sackville
PO Box 6191
Sackville, NB  E4L 1G6

All requests must include your ticket number, licence plate number, and the date of the ticket. The review process provides an explanation as to why the ticket was issued and determines if any apparent errors have been made that may go undetected until a court hearing. Please note that this review process is a not a judicial function, and is not intended to duplicate the court system. The intent of the review process is to ensure that the Town is not advancing cases where a ticket has been issued in error.

How do I pay my water bill?

You can pay online here, or you can pay in-person at town hall by cash, cheque or interac. You also have the option to pay via on-line banking through your personal commercial bank.


How do I obtain a building permit?

The Southeast Regional Service Commission is responsible for planning and development services, including building inspection, in the Town of Sackville. To discuss your project with a planner or building inspector, or get more information, visit them online here.

How do I get a dog tag?

If you own a dog within Sackville’s town limits you must purchase an annual dog tag. To purchase your dog tag, please visit Town Hall. Please note that proof of a rabies vaccination is required when purchasing your dog tag.

I lost my dog/found a dog. What do I do?

To report a missing or found pet or other animal, or to report an animal related nuisance, please call the animal control officer at (506) 364-9199.

Who do I contact when I’m installing water and/or sewer services, or installing and/or modifying a culvert?

The installation or modification of water and/or sewer services, or the installation or modification to a culvert, requires a completed Application for Services form available at Town Hall.

The completion of this work will entail some fees, paid by cash or cheque at Town Hall, depending on the work you need to complete. Please contact the Public Works Department for more information.

Where’s the bathroom?

Public washrooms are open seasonally in downtown Sackville at the Bill Johnstone Activity Centre in the Bill Johnstone Memorial Park, Lillas Fawcett Park located on Silver Lake and at the Visitor Information Centre. Public washrooms are also available during regular business hours at Town Hall, the Sackville Public Library and at the Tantramar Veteran’s Memorial Civic Centre.