Water Quality Testing at Silver Lake
The Town of Sackville has a beautiful fresh water public beach at Lillas Fawcett Park on Silver Lake. The Town takes the safety of our residents and visitors very seriously, and as a result we hire four fulltime lifeguards over the summer and the water is tested weekly to ensure that it meets the Canadian Recreational Water Quality Guidelines for E. coli, which are under the direction of Health Canada.
The Town takes two specific weekly samples at the park; one at hip height (approximately 3 feet) and one at toddler height (approximately 2 feet). The samples are obtained by our trained staff and are sent to an accredited laboratory in Moncton for analysis. The National standard for safe swimming waters requires E.coli levels to not surpass 400 E. Coli/100ml of water tested.
We will be listing our test results throughout the summer months to ensure our residents and visitors can feel secure in knowing that our water at Silver Lake is clean and safe.
- Test Results September 2, 2020
- Test Result August 26,2020
- Test Result August 19, 2020
- Blue Green Algae Test August 2020
- Test Result August 12, 2020
- Test Result August 5, 2020
- Test Results July 22, 2020
- Test Results July 15, 2020
- Test Results July 8, 2020
- Blue Green Algae Test June 2020
- Test Results June 29, 2020
- Test Results June 24, 2020
- Test Results June 17, 2020
- Test Results – June 3, 2020
In addition to our regular E. Coli testing, we also test the lake for the presence of Blue Green Algae – especially when weather conditions are favourable. The World Health Organization advises that waters containing less than 20,000 blue–green algae cells per millilitre (cells/mL) are safe for recreational use.
If you have any questions about our testing program, please contact our Parks and Facilities Department at 364-4930.